Working with unresolved Trauma from Child Sexual Abuse: Integrating Theory and Practice
This is a training put on by The Laurel Centre for other professionals in the community. The training focuses on…
2012 Annual Fundraising Breakfast
Mellissa Fung, a CBC television reporter will be the speaker at The Laurel Centre's Annual Fundraising Breakfast.
Please join us…
2008 The Laurel Centre Breakfast
Dr. Samantha Nutt was the keynote speaker for a breakfast to benefit The Laurel Centre.
2007 The Laurel Centre Breakfast
Margaret Trudeau tells Winnipeg audience of living with bipolar disorder and the ugly glare of politics.
12th Annual Art Inspired Fundraiser
The Laurel Centre is holding its 12th Annual Art Inspired Fundraiser to raise money for our services! Tickets are $75…
The agency is unique in its counselling approach to child sexual abuse and compulsive coping behaviours (such as addictions), we recognize that many survivor's compulsive coping behaviours grow of their attempts to cope with the pain that comes from their abuse.
The Laurel Centre assists women to:
- Understand the ways in which the abuse has affected their lives (consequences of victimization).
- Identify and deal with feelings related to the abuse.
- Examine their beliefs about the abuse and about themselves to alleviate guilt and shame.
- Identify their strengths and survival skills and celebrate them.
- Identify self-defeating behavior and bring about change.
- Develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Feel better about themselves and develop a sense of dignity and self worth.